Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Halloween Birthday Party Costume

Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty

I don't think you can have a truly awesome Halloween Birthday Party without a truly awesome costume. So when Cordelia asked to be a "blue and pink fairy" for her party I did my best to go all out.

Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty
Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty
Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty

We ordered these really awesome soft wings from Amazon (I think they might be the best thing I have ever bought Cordelia because we break wire wings in three days and she can wear them in the car which has saved us soo many tears) and based the rest of the costume around them. It was a challenging pink to match, but in the end (and with the help of my nephew who wanted to cry because I was soo indecisive at the fabric store) I am really happy with how it came out. The bodice is a calico cotton, and the skirt is a couple layers of metallic blue dress up fabric, teal fish scale organza, dark teal sparkle tulle, and pink shinny tulle. 

Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty
Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty

I was tickled to find flowers that matched soo well for the crown and the waist- and this is the first flower crown I have ever made! 

Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty
Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty

I did not make the wand because I ran out of time, so I was very happy when the pink glitter I used to recover an old worn out pair of shoes helped to tie the wand into the theme! 

Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty
Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty
Cordelia's Halloween Birthday PArty

The most fun I have sewing is when I can make Cordelia something that I know I would have loved to have as a kid. Sometimes Its hard not to feel that she is soo totally her father's child- but fairies, princesses, magic and fabulous dresses? That's totally our thing. 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!