Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The First Day of First Grade


It is safe to say that Cordelia was more scared to start first grade than she was to start Kindergarten. Kindergarten she was thrilled for and annoyed that we hadn't left her side yet when we walked her to her classroom. 
  

However, leading up to the first day of first grade were days of tears, indecision about what to wear, and a couple instances of flat out refusal to go at all. Nothing could convince her that her new school wouldn't be terrible. 


To top it all off this would also be her first time riding a bus to school. I desperately told Brendon I needed him to go into work late just in case she refused to get on the bus. 


Brendon had the wonderful idea to make her a bravery necklace- so she could hold onto it whenever she was feeling unsure at school. When it came time to hop on the bus she gave my hand one last squeeze, charged forward, and didn't look back. 


I felt kind of lost all day as I wondered how she was doing. But at the end of the day she skipped down the bus stairs, yanked off her necklace, and said "Mama I don't need this anymore". 


And every day of first grade has gone that amazingly. Thank goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!