Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

A Winter Geranium

  
Christmas dresses have become a yearly tradition in our house. 
Oddly enough it didn't start that way- Cordelia's first couple of Christmas' she wore store bought , typically velvet, dresses. Now when I ask if I can buy her a dress instead of making one she says "absolutely not, you always make me one and it is special!"

   

In 2013 I started with the batman dress, 2014 she got matching cat dresses with her doll, 2015 was a dramatic corduroy dress, and 2016 was a spunky my little pony dress with wings. This year she requested snow flakes, sparkle, and fuzzy pockets!   


I used Made by Rae's Geranium pattern - but with some of the extension pack options, and some of my own modifications. I stuck with the original cap sleeves but used the longer bodice and the peter pan collar used in the update. I drafted a circle skirt- but with added side seams for the pockets- for the dress instead of using the original straighter skirt so it was a "twirly" dress.


You can't tell from these photos, but the bodice is a sparkle cotton, the skirt is shiny silver- and the collar is fuzzy!  
  

I thought fuzzy pockets was a strange request- but apparenty it made the dress. 


I hope you all had happy holidays- does anyone else have a tradition of sewing special Christmas dresses?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!