Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Kids Clothes Week: Round Up

IMG_9654

All in all I would say it was a pretty successful Kids Clothes Week. I didn't get everything photographed and blogged, but I did manage one top, two pairs of pants, one sweatshirt, and one dress but most importantly I took the time to sew a little bit each day- which is the whole point right?

IMG_9662
IMG_9669

I've been meaning to add a "winter" princess dress to Cordelia's collection for awhile and just hadn't managed it yet, and while it isn't upcycled, I figured KCW was as good of an excuse as any! I basically used Kitchy Coo's skater dress with a couple of modifications. I added poet sleeves, the paneling in the bodice, and the skirt is just a long rectangle instead of the shape in the original pattern. Cordelia was really tickled by the dress and wore it a ton of times before she would consent to a "photo shoot". I also made a pair of the best fitting leggings I have ever made her- but I never got a real picture of them (she has been a little cranky the past couple of days).

IMG_9596 

I actually did most of my sewing this week for one of Cordelia's best friends. It's was the week of Echo's second birthday and I kept putting off sewing her gift! (Not because I didn't want to sew it, just because of time). I made up this little puppy shirt, inspired by this cute one You & Mie made awhile back, because Echo has decided that the best shirts are ones with puppies on them. I was on a roll so I also whipped up a pair of velour joggers- since she hates tight pants. She is a pretty exacting kid, so hopefully these make the cut for frequent wear! 

IMG_9600

Sometimes the fun part of sewing for little kids is sewing something you really think their parents will get a kick out of- this sweatshirt was one of those instances. Echo's dad is a huge Badtz Maru fan, so when Brendon and I were discussing what I should make Echo we knew it had to be Badtz Maru related. I went back and forth between making a dress and making the hoodie, and in the end went with the hoodie so that it could be worn more- and for longer. This is actually upcycled (my only win with the KCW theme) and it's made out of adult sweatshirts. I think it turned out pretty cool, and Echo's dad thought it was great- so it was an all around win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!