Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Pretty Pink Princess

Pink Princess Dress

Life is often overwhelming. The sink is always full of dishes, I feel i'm always behind on studying, Cordelia is slowly giving up her naps so she has been extra cranky, and my depression has reared it ugly head making it hard to get out of bed. The week before Halloween I was feeling particularly overwhelmed and decided I wanted to make something pretty just because it was pretty and not because it was on my "to do" list. I stayed up way too late- two nights in a row because at first I made the bodice too big, but I am really happy I took the time to make the dress.  

Pink Princess DressPink Princess Dress

I was able to make this entirely from things I had on hand (thank goodness because I really have to sew down my stash-I'm running out of room!), and it was soo heartwarming to see how happy the dress made her- she wore it every day for three days before I could get it away from her to wash!

Pink Princess Dress

I wasn't sure how they would come out because of the sheer fabric but I am exceptionally fond of the sleeves; they turned out so perfect and dainty! 

Pink Princess DressPink Princess Dress

Perfect for twirling.

Pink Princess Dress

Perfect for fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!