Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Day?




I never really spent time with children before I had Cordelia and so I never really understood how literal they are. Today I struggled to explain the 29th of February to Cordelia and I just couldn't get it across. She understands that there are seven days in a week, and that there are months, but we are still working on how it all works together. 


In the end Cordelia decided that Leap Day was just about "leaping". And really, that works for me. 


Cordelia picked out her Halloween Spider costume to wear so she could be a "leaping bug". We spent our time outside (in the amazingly beautiful weather), naming and drawing animals who "leap". We came up with rabbits, praying mantises (her pick, I am not sure they actually leap), monkeys, frogs, lemurs, and kangaroos. What leaping animals can you think of?


I can't remember our last leap day- it is obscured in the brain fog of early parenthood, and this leap day caught me by surprise so I didn't have anything fun planned . Do you have any leap day traditions?


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOGS!!! AND YOU AND YOUR KID AND YEAH I GUESS YOUR HUBBY TOO!! :) Miss yall BUNCHES!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!