Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

IMG_2418

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. We had amazing weather, ate yummy food, and saw some of my favorite people. To top it all off we also had a mostly, mild mannered, toddler! Which makes for a perfect day in my book. 

IMG_2352

So, how do you feed a vegetarian mommy and a paleo mommy and keep them both happy? That was our 
big question when picking the menu for mother's day lunch. I ended up making this yummy asparagus quiche with spaghetti squash crust (minus the cheese, but man would it have been good with some cheese) and it seemed to fit the bill. With a sides of salad, fruit, spinach meatballs, and fresh green beans lunch couldn't have been more satisfying. 

IMG_2368
IMG_2376

Well, that is until my sister brought out her amazing paleo apple pie topped with paleo coconut ice cream. If I could eat this anytime I wanted I would never eat bread again. I'm telling you, the rest of the meal could have been terrible and this would have saved it! Ugh, I want another piece now just looking at this picture. . .

IMG_2382
IMG_2386

Mother's day was delightful because not only did we have good food, but we had good company. We were able to spend the day with my grandmother (top photo) and her best friend- my Aunt Alice (bottom photo). Aren't they just beautiful? If I can be half as amazing as them I will be happy. Let me share a couple more random photos with you guys now. 

IMG_2377
Brendon taking Miss C on a ride on Alice's buddy- Cordelia thinks that this is the best thing in the world. 

IMG_2423
She really, really wants to learn how to do a somersault, she tries at least ten times a day. 

IMG_2394
Crazy girl kept trying to hide under my dress. 

IMG_2400
And last, look at the beautiful necklace Cordelia made me with the help of her Na-Na. I hope you all had a lovely weekend with the mother's in your life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!