Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What I Wore When: Mother's Day

IMG_2410
Sweater & Belt: Target
Dress: Walmart 
Long Necklace: Made by my grandfather
Short Necklace: Made by Cordelia

 I haven't been doing many outfit posts recently for a couple of reasons. I haven't been wearing anything interesting- being a stay at home mom is rough that way, It's hard to think up silly names for the posts, and the format wasn't working for me. However, I have seen several bloggers out there doing "what I wore when" posts which feel super natural to me, so I'm going to give this a try. 

IMG_2403
I think good days are summed up by good weather, maxi dresses and bare feet. Don't get me wrong, I love shoes just as much as the next girl and my closet is full of beautiful pairs but there is nothing like not having to put shoes on. Nothing to pinch, rub, agitate in anyway, and when you are barefoot it's always because it's a peaceful day. I mean, you would never be barefoot at work or in court for a traffic violation. 

IMG_2434
I'm sure, if you read yesterdays post, that you know when this outfit is from, but just in case. I wore this on mother's day. The weather was amazing, bright skies, mostly warm but with a breeze making it still sweater weather. Perfect. We had lots of driving, and lots of eating ahead of us so I wanted to wear something comfortable, like pjs, but more put together. I picked this dress up from walmart of all places a couple of weeks ago and I think I wear it at least once a week. I can pair it with anything, and it's the most comfortable thing I have ever owned. Topped with my favorite purple sweater, a belt, and a necklace my grandfather made me (I added the one Miss C made me latter in the day as well) I was comfortable, relaxed, and still felt fancy. 

IMG_2415
Toddlers don't always want to stay put for photos. 

IMG_2421
But, sometimes she comes back to give me kisses. Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!  

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!