Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Apple Picking

IMG_3929

IMG_3925

My sister Shauna is really wonderful at pretty much everything- in fact she is so awesome that as a younger sister I really have to try not to be annoyed by it. She sews, builds things, knits, crochets, cooks, reads super fast, is great at math- and she cans and preserves things. I posted before about our trip to pick strawberries, and previous to that we went for blueberries. On Tuesday we went to go pick apples and broccoli; this trip I think has been my favorite so far! 

IMG_3883

IMG_3886

IMG_3890

IMG_3898

IMG_3896

Shauna, Cordelia and I brought my nephew Charles and my dear friend Patrick along with us for our adventure. We went to a different farm this time, which was further away than the one we normally go to, but the prices were better and I really dug the vibe. (We went to Larriland Farm and you can check them out here). I normally don't buy anything from the little stores attached to the orchards but at Larriland I picked up a bunch of stuff for dinner for the rest of the week. 

IMG_3891

Larriland grows many of their apple varieties similar to the way grapes are grown so most of the apples are easy to reach. I think apple and broccoli picking is more enjoyable too because the weather was beautiful! We weren't sweating like crazy like we do during strawberry and blueberry seasons. I just love the fall weather- however Miss C seams to have allergy problems this time of year, she has been stuff nose and red eyed since this trip. 

IMG_3908

IMG_3953

IMG_3968

Picking enough broccoli for everyone didn't take hardly any time at all because broccoli is gigantic! I had no idea it grew so big. We tried to grow broccoli in our garden but only got tiny little guys. 

IMG_3965

IMG_3971

IMG_3984
  
IMG_3992

IMG_3993b

I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of in love with fall and I can't wait to make a pie with all of my apples! 




3 comments:

  1. These pictures are so cute! I usually go apple picking every year and bake a pie, but I still need to get on that for this year. Love your skirt, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, at least you have a couple more weeks to go! I hope you post pictures of your pie on your blog when you make it! And thank you about my skirt- it's one of my favorites :)

      Delete
  2. I want to jump into this day and join you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!