Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

What I Wore When

IMG_2601
Dress: Robutton
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Madden Girl

I have been meaning to share this dress with you for awhile. I made it to wear to Cordelia's birthday party (with a wide black sash, and no shoes because I never manage to wear shoes inside) I also wore it for our trip to the aquarium, (with a teal belt, red flats and black cardigan) and lastly (so far at least) to Camila's graduation party when I finally managed to snap some pictures of it! 

IMG_2611

It's made out of a super fun cotton fabric printed with jelly fish! I like that you really have to look close to see the jelly fish- which makes it less silly and theme-ey to wear to the aquarium. It has short sleeves, with little cuffs on the bottom, a pleated skirt, and pockets- because every dress needs pockets. Since I started sewing for Cordelia on the regular I find it more difficult to sew for myself! Everything is more difficult, and the thing with kid's clothing is that no matter what, they still look cute. I am not however, going to let myself slack on making my own clothes. I spent a year dressing in a dress code and I have to rediscover my own personal style again. 

IMG_2614

I used Camila's graduation party as an excuse to put heels on. I opted for platforms because they are more comfortable, and these are the most comfortable, but I have to admit that I ended up barefoot so I could play in the sand with Cordelia. Oh well, maybe one day I will be able to really break out something besides flats and actually manage to keep them on the whole time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!