Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Over The Weekend, Sarah's Bridal Shower

IMG_3389

This weekend was a lot of fun because I got to spend it throwing my best friend's bridal shower. It's not often in life that we get the opportunity to have a real best friend- a friend you talk to every day, who calls you just to say hi, who sends you cheer up packages when you are feeling defeated. I was soo excited with this opportunity to do something fun and special to give back to her. I'll have more detail photos of the DIY things I made for the shower later in the week, but for now I'm just going to share some highlights of the day. 

food table

Tons and tons of yummy food. This was a mostly paleo and primal tea party, so we had lots of options and for drinks we served tea, coffee, and wine. 

IMG_3323

IMG_3318

IMG_3334

When I sat down with my partner in crime Ada (another close friend of Sarah's who did almost all of the cooking ) we decided it was very important for everything to be colorful, and for everything to be very classy. We focused our color pallet on teal, pink, and yellow (three of Sarah's favorite colors) and we made sure to use real table cloths, real china tea cups and real serving dishes. 

IMG_3347

IMG_3340

IMG_3338

There was soo much laughing, and talking, and socializing you wouldn't have believed that most of the guests didn't actually know each other which I think truly made the party the most fun shower I have been too. 

IMG_3331

The beautiful tissue paper flowers were made by Sarah's soon to be sister-in-law, they really helped turn the drab class room into a fun party space. I wish I had gotten a photo of the beautiful photo bunting she made as well.  

Fotor080592138
Fotor080592517

I love the faces Sarah makes when she opens presents- you can really tell how excited and happy she is. 

IMG_3327

The Bride to be and her mother. 

IMG_3329

Bride to be, mother and future mother in law. 

IMG_3387

IMG_3381

The party was so much fun,  I had some really great people help throw it, and we had such great ladies attend it, I can't wait to see everyone again at the wedding. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. So lovely. I teared up, Sarah is so luck. :*) I bet a bridal shower is an amazing day for a bride.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!